Happy Family Day to those of you in Canada! I hope you all spend it with your loved ones and appreciate them for being there for you and loving you for who you are.
Today’s post is a quickie. I just wanted to share these amazing healthy cookie dough bites with you all.
Chock full of protein and whipped up in just a few minutes, these bites are perfect for bringing on road trips, hikes and anything that you’ll be doing today with your family. They are also delicious to eat without any reason at all!
What are you waiting for? Go make these bites and enjoy!
Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
- 2 cups of canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter*
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey**
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (or more) mini chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, natural peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Blend together using a immersion/hand blender. Gradually add in honey until a smooth cookie dough consistency is formed.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate and serve cold. Enjoy!
*If you don’t have a immersion/hand blender, feel free to just mash by hand with a potato masher. If you are going to mix by hand, make sure to remove the chickpea skins before you begin.
**You may or may not need a little bit more or less honey depending on the consistency of your honey and peanut butter. You can also swap honey for agave or maple syrup. If you find that the dough is not sweet enough, feel free to add in more brown sugar.