As predicted, it’s been a little while since my last post.
I should really be studying for my musculo-skeletal anatomy midterm but I’m really procrastinating by writing this blog.
Classes hit me like a punch to the stomach and I’m trying really hard to keep my head above the water.
It really, really does not help that I’ve caught a cold.
My head is fuzzy and my ears are clogged. Everything over the past couple days has passed by through a thin fog. Sometimes, I’ll stop at the end of the day and have try hard to remember what happened during the day, but events get muddled with what happened yesterday. This is not good.
The days are so long.
On a more positive note, I just need to make it through one more day before we reach reading week! Woohoo!
Time for my magic cold remedy. This is one of the most comforting drinks that soothes the throat and calms the mind. It’s a must have for stressful exam seasons and the dreary days in the fall.
Honey Lemon Tea
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1-2 tsps honey
1. Boil some water in a kettle
2. Place lemon slice and honey in a mug. Use a spoon to press the lemon juice out and combine it with the honey.
3. Once the kettle is screaming (like me during midterm and exam season) , remove it from heat and let cool for 5 min. This cooling step is important so that you don’t kill all the amazing antibacterial properties of honey.
4. Pour slightly cooled boiled water into mug. Stir.
5. Drink and let it soothe your sore throat and frazzled brain.